Bevie

Canadian content schedule for Core D - Weeks 1 - 20

Bevie

Hi everyone,

Below is the scheulding for the readings we've done as Canadian history supplements to Core D. We are on week 21, so this is only through week 20, but it gives an idea. Hopefully this is helpful to someone else.

I chose to use the following books. The timing of the readings was guided by Modern History Through Canadian Eyes. There are a number of other options you could use as your texts…depends on your needs and preferences. I really recommend MHTCE to help you know what readings to use from your chosen texts to fit the time period you are covering. I attempt to keep the readings in the same time frame as the topics being covered by the Sonlight books. I am happy if the time frames are generally the same…I’m not too worried if the years are slightly “off†between the Cdn and US history being studied.

SOC = Story of Canada

MFHOC = My First History of Canada

SPOC = Spirit of Canada

DVD = Canada, A People’s History DVD

Note – these readings were divided up over the week, but I’m not going to get so specific here as to say which exact pages were done on each day…

Week 1:

SOC: Page 10 – 21

MFHOC: Ch 1, parts 1 – 3

SPOC: Pg 2 – 9

DVD: Intro, Women & Men, Vision Quest, Running Across the Sky, War

Week 2:

SOC: 24 – 43

MFHOC: Ch 2: part 1-3, Ch 3: parts 1 – 4

SPOC: 15 – 19, 23, 24

DVD: First Contact, New Lands, Hochleaga, a star was lost in the sky, The lost Colony

Week 3:

SOC: 46 – 51

MFHOC: Ch 4, part 1 – 5

SPOC: 26 – 28

Week 4:

MFHOC: Ch 5: part 1 – 4

DVD: Champlain’s Gamble, Spain in America, Price of Friendship, Search for NW passage

Week 5:

DVD: Frenchmen among the Hurons, Precarious colony, black robes in the dark, holy city in the wilderness, death of a nation

Week 6:

SOC: Page 51 – 60

Week 7:

SPOC: Pg 30

DVD: Great expectations, daughters of the king, birth of the canadiens

Week 8:

Didn’t add Cdn content this week

Week 9:

SOC: Page 61 – 65

MFHOC: Ch 6: part 1 –6

Week 10:

didn’t add Cdn content this week

Week 11:

MFHOC: Ch 7, parts 1 – 6

DVD: The first colonial war, The great peace

Week 12:

SOC: 66- 68

MFHOC: Ch 8 parts 1 – 5

Week 13:

SPOC: 34 – 35

MFHOC: Ch 9 part 1 – 5

DVD: 1749, a very good year, Acadia; the great dispersal

Week 14:

SPOC: 48 – 52

Week 15:

MFHOC: Ch 10 part 1 – 6

Week 16:

DVD: Acadia, Montcalm, Wolfe

Week 17:

No cdn content added this week

Week 18:

DVD: River of Fire, Divided Councils, Plains of Abraham, The Winter

Week 19:

SOC: 68 – 75

Week 20:

No cdn content added this week.

• Like 3

jetnet91

You are awesome! y friend and I am doing core D and Canadian history next year and you have saved us a lot of work.

Please post weeks 21-36 when you are done!!

Thanks,

Jeanette

• Like 1

Bevie

Will do! Glad this can be helpful. :)

• Like 1

Perogi

This is so great! I sat down with my Core D IG and MHTCE last night and started to feel overwhelmed!

Are you doing Core D in full PLUS this Can content and actually managing it?! I have The Story of Canada and My First History and was thinking of using them both as well as Spirit of Canada. Looks like that's what you are doing? And not finding it to be too much/too repetitive?

How are you addressing readers/read-alouds? Adding any Canadian content there? Based on MHTCE or something else? I was a little disappointed that MHTCE didn't include more suggestions for fiction.

Bevie

This is so great! I sat down with my Core D IG and MHTCE last night and started to feel overwhelmed!

Are you doing Core D in full PLUS this Can content and actually managing it?! I have The Story of Canada and My First History and was thinking of using them both as well as Spirit of Canada. Looks like that's what you are doing? And not finding it to be too much/too repetitive?

I am doing core D plus the Cdn content...we don't always get through everything every day, and sometimes have to spread it out a little. However, the readings that I've listed above are mostly pretty short, and don't extend the read aloud time by too much. I have been using all three of the books you list above, because (1) my kids don't mind reviewing the same topics from different books and (2) if we didn't use several texts, there would be very little Cdn content added, if you're trying to keep pace with the core. (ie, there's so much info in the core that we need a far bit of Cdn info to fill the weeks).

How are you addressing readers/read-alouds? Adding any Canadian content there? Based on MHTCE or something else? I was a little disappointed that MHTCE didn't include more suggestions for fiction.

I agree; I was also disappointed that MHTCE doesn't have fiction. We actually didn't add any Cdn readers or readalouds until about week 23, when we started doing the Our Canadian Girl series about Acadia. It's a set of four, with short chapters, so I add one chapter to most days. My girls really have liked it. I think we'll keep using Our Canadian Girl books as they come up in the time period. We could have used more Cdn readers, but I had purchased the Core D readers and have really enjoyed them; plus we're doing the Core D LA, so really needed to be using those readers. Hope this helps! We've really enjoyed doing the core this way! :)

Bevie

Hi everyone,

Below is the scheulding for the readings we've done as Canadian history supplements to Core D. We are on week 21, so this is only through week 20, but it gives an idea. Hopefully this is helpful to someone else.

I chose to use the following books. The timing of the readings was guided by Modern History Through Canadian Eyes. There are a number of other options you could use as your texts…depends on your needs and preferences. I really recommend MHTCE to help you know what readings to use from your chosen texts to fit the time period you are covering. I attempt to keep the readings in the same time frame as the topics being covered by the Sonlight books. I am happy if the time frames are generally the same…I’m not too worried if the years are slightly “off†between the Cdn and US history being studied.

SOC = Story of Canada

MFHOC = My First History of Canada

SPOC = Spirit of Canada

DVD = Canada, A People’s History DVD

Note – these readings were divided up over the week, but I’m not going to get so specific here as to say which exact pages were done on each day…

Week 1:

SOC: Page 10 – 21

MFHOC: Ch 1, parts 1 – 3

SPOC: Pg 2 – 9

DVD: Intro, Women & Men, Vision Quest, Running Across the Sky, War

Week 2:

SOC: 24 – 43

MFHOC: Ch 2: part 1-3, Ch 3: parts 1 – 4

SPOC: 15 – 19, 23, 24

DVD: First Contact, New Lands, Hochleaga, a star was lost in the sky, The lost Colony

Week 3:

SOC: 46 – 51

MFHOC: Ch 4, part 1 – 5

SPOC: 26 – 28

Week 4:

MFHOC: Ch 5: part 1 – 4

DVD: Champlain’s Gamble, Spain in America, Price of Friendship, Search for NW passage

Week 5:

DVD: Frenchmen among the Hurons, Precarious colony, black robes in the dark, holy city in the wilderness, death of a nation

Week 6:

SOC: Page 51 – 60

Week 7:

SPOC: Pg 30

DVD: Great expectations, daughters of the king, birth of the canadiens

Week 8:

Didn’t add Cdn content this week

Week 9:

SOC: Page 61 – 65

MFHOC: Ch 6: part 1 –6

Week 10:

didn’t add Cdn content this week

Week 11:

MFHOC: Ch 7, parts 1 – 6

DVD: The first colonial war, The great peace

Week 12:

SOC: 66- 68

MFHOC: Ch 8 parts 1 – 5

Week 13:

SPOC: 34 – 35

MFHOC: Ch 9 part 1 – 5

DVD: 1749, a very good year, Acadia; the great dispersal

Week 14:

SPOC: 48 – 52

Week 15:

MFHOC: Ch 10 part 1 – 6

Week 16:

DVD: Acadia, Montcalm, Wolfe

Week 17:

No cdn content added this week

Week 18:

DVD: River of Fire, Divided Councils, Plains of Abraham, The Winter

Week 19:

SOC: 68 – 75

Week 20:

No cdn content added this week.

I have a few more weeks completed...This goes through week 26. I'll post the rest when we're done the whole Core. I've just been planning out the scheduling as we go, not planning out the whole core in advance. :)

Week 21:

MFHOC: Ch 11, parts 1 - 4

Our Canadian Girl: Elizabeth (book 1): Ch 1 - 4

Week 22:

MFHOC: Ch 12, parts 1 - 4

Our Canadian Girl: Elizabeth (book 1): Ch 5 - 8

DVD: Tide of Fortune, Carving the Spirits

Week 23:

Our Canadian Girl: Elizabeth (book 1): Ch 9 - 10

Week 24:

MFHOC: Ch 12, part 5

Our Canadian Girl: Elizabeth (book 2): Ch 1 - 4

DVD: The World Turned, The Quebec Act

Week 25:

SOC: Page 28 - 84

Our Canadian Girl: Elizabeth (book 2): Ch 5 - 11 (My girls were eager to finish the book)

DVD: Invasion, The Seige

Week 26:

SOC: Page 84 - 86

Our Canadian Girl: Elizabeth (book 3): Ch 1 - 4

DVD: World Turned Upside Down, His Majesty's Loyal Allies

Edited by Bevie

Bevie

The Donna Ward website also has suggestions for readers/read alouds :read2:

Thanks, Annie - I've been looking around the Donna Ward website and can't seem to find the fiction suggestions. Do you mind posting a link to the exact page (only if it's easily found and doesn't take a bunch of your time!)? :)

Edited by Bevie

storybookmum

I've posted this before, but it's getting harder to find, since the forum changed. I hope it helps:

This one is kind of patchy, as my notes were sketchy from time to time through this Core. There are definitely gaps...but I've done what I can to map out roughly what we used.

My disclaimer: This presupposes a few things, none of which may suit anyone else.

#1. I follow the Sonlight schedule week by week. I just don't care how long each "week" takes to get through. Core 3 has taken a little over a year and a half. I'm ok with that, but it might not be someone else's idea of a good way to go. I will never undertake to map out real-time schedules, so if you're hoping for that, I am not your helper here. Nor did we cover Canadian material every Sonlight week. Sometimes we took a break and dove into Canadian materials for a while before returning to Sonlight.

I bought Sonlight's LA. I will use the Canadian stretching time to use A Beka grammar, I'll do dictation from the Canadian books as well, and probably a few writing assignments.

I didn't buy Sonlight's Bible program for Core 3. We do daily devotions, and I have to come up with a daily reading schedule independent of Sonlight's plan, for non-Sonlight days (the IG still contains the reading schedule for Bible readings).

#2. I assume that anyone following this plan is also using Modern History Through Canadian Eyes. There's not much point in my redoing everything that Heather Penner has already done, in putting together a chronological plan to attack history with a multitude of resources. There are piles of resources I'm not listing, because Heather's already done it. I'm not 100% positive that she hasn't included things I'm listing here, as I haven't gone back and checked, to be honest. **MHTCE = Modern History Through Canadian Eyes**

#3. I am giving materials here with which to tackle Core 3 for kids from 7 (mostly read-aloud) to 13, tops. Very little included here would suit high school needs. That's why Core 100 exists!

#4. There are other books that fit into the time period covered by Core 3 (roughly 1600-1850), but I'm not slotting them in specifically. I'm trying to keep that sense of fun independent reading for Caroline, and not assigning everything. Some things, I hope she'll just pick up. So you might feel something is "missing," when I'm just keeping things loose. Feel free to suggest them, of course, and slot them in where you like.

#5. You could make yourselves crazy if you try to do it all. Take what you like. Leave the rest.

There's probably more I could think of, but.....here we go. I hope it's helpful to someone:

Week 1:

Canadian History for Dummies, Ch. 1

World Atlas of the Past Vol. #3

Story of Canada Ch. 1

Native Peoples books by Bobbie Kalman (several of them)

DVD: Canada - A People's History - Episode 1

Life in the Great Ice Age

Kids Book of Canadian History pp. 4-7

Kids Book of the Far North pp. 26-31

MHTCE: Unit 1, Unit 2, pt. 1

Portraits of Faith: Jean de Brebeuf

Kids Book of Aboriginal Peoples in Canada

Week 2:

MHTCE: Unit 2, part 2 - Cabot and Cartier

My First History of Canada Ch. 1

Week 3:

MHTCE: pp. 25-27

Discovering Canada: Vikings - Leif the Lucky

Our Canadian Girl: Angelique (we didn't use it, but from here to Week 5 is where it would belong)

Week 4:

MHTCE: Unit 2/Unit 3 = Champlain, Jean de Brebeuf, Henry Hudson

RA: The Hiding Place, by Lyn Cook

Week 5:

MHTCE: Unit 3 cont'd.

Week 6:

Week 7:

Thanksgiving Day in Canada

A Pioneer Thanksgiving Chapter 1-2

Week 8:

A Pioneer Thanksgiving - finish

Week 9:

Discovery Canada: The Fur Traders

Week 10:

Discovery Canada: The Fur Traders

Week 11:

Discovery Canada: New France

Dear Canada: Winter of Peril (we didn't use it, but this is where it belongs)

Week 12:

Discovery Canada: New France

Week 13:

The Story of Canada pp. 56-75

Week 14:

Our Canadian Girl: Elizabeth

Dear Canada: Banished from Our Home

WOW Canada: pp. 64-67 (Ontario)

Kids Book of Canadian History: Royal Proclamation of 1763,

The Quebec Act, The Acadian Expulsion

Week 15:

My First History of Canada: Ch.9 n(Madeleine Vercheres)

Discovery Canada: New Fance - Battle of Plains of Abraham

Our Canadian Girl: Rachel

Week 16:

Our Canada: Death of My Country (anytime between here and Week 20)

Wow Canada: Quebec

Week 17:

WOW Canada: PEI

RA: Winds of L'Acadie

WOW Canada: New Brunswick

Atlas of Canada: pp. 42-43

Week 18:

Discovery Canada: Black Heritage

Week 19:

Week 20:

Week 21

MHTCE: Start Part 4 - Loyalists

My First History of Canada Ch. 12

Loyal Refugees (Discovering Canada series) Ch. 2

Canadian History for Dummies Ch. 9

Story of Canada: pp. 78-86

World Atlas of the Past, Vol. 3 pp. 56-59

Week 22:

Dear Canada: With Nothing But Our Courage (anytime here to Week 25)

Week 23:

Week 24:

The Hollow Tree, by Janet Lunn

Week 25:

Escape: Diary of a Loyalist Family

Loyalist Runaway (Donna Smythe, author)

Week 26:

RA: The Way Lies North (use this OR Escape - this one is more sophisticated, could easily be a grade 9/10 reader).

Week 27:

My First History of Canada pp. 104-109

Canadian History for Dummies pp. 143-146

Week 28:

The Loyal Refugees (Ch. 3)

Dear Canada: Whispers of War

Canadian Greats (Scholastic): Laura Secord

Kids Book of Canada at War, pp. 22-23

Week 29:

The Loyal Refugees (Ch. 4-end)

Kids Book of Black Canadian History pp. 20-21

Story of Canada pp. 86-90

Spirit of Canada pp.58-59

The Defenders (Discovering Canada series)

Story of Canada pp. 91-96

Spirit of Canada - Big Joe Muffera

Jeremy's War

Week 30:

Laura Secord materials here.

Kids Book of Canadian Geography

Week 31:

The Defenders still ongoing here...

Week 32:

Finished Jeremy's War

Week 33:

The Defenders still ongoing...

That's Very Canadian (by this point, we had finished WOW Canada - I can't reschedule that, our progress was very erratic...)

Week 34:

That's Very Canadian

Week 35:

Story of Canada - Native Heroes pp. 98-102

Bully Boys by Eric Walters (war of 1812)

Week 36:

That's Very Canadian

Tecumseh, by Betty Jane Wylie

Ok, that's about the best I can do to piece together what we did...I know there are lots of gaps, sorry. We've read all of the Story of Canada up to page 102 - and we'll stop there for Core 3, just prior to the Rebellion of 1837. But when exactly we did which readings - I don't have enough notes. And I know I've slotted in most of the Scholastic mini-biographies from 5 or 6 different books, Great Canadian artists, pioneers, explorers, etc. I'm not sure when, and I'm not going to dig through it all again.

• Like 3

storybookmum

Core E:

Week 1:

MHTCE p. 57 - The Pioneers

O Canada, by Ted Harrison

Canadian Explorers: Pierre de la Verendrye

Canada: A People's History: Nor'westers to Shadow of Rockies

Kids book of Canada: British Columbia

That's Very Canadian: Intro to British Columbia

**This is a big week for explorers and westward expansion. Slow down for some Canadian mapping games to make sure that the kids are assimilating the geography coming at them!***

Week 2:

MHTCE p. 59 - The Prairies

Out on the Prairie (a counting book, for your youngest independent readers)

If You're Not From the Prairie

Boldy Canadian: The Story of the RCMP (selected readings)

Canadian Forts pp 40-58

Science: Canada's Prairie Animals/Habitat material on Prairies.

Kids Book of Canada: Alberta

That's Very Canadian: Alberta

Week 3:

MHTCE: Unit 4, Part 3: Settling the Colony (p. 48-51, except the My First History of Canada materials, which were covered in Week 1C)

Canadian Pioneers: Susannah Moodie

Spirit of Canada (readings suggested in MHTCE)

Story of Canada (readings suggested in MHTCE)

Discovering Canada series: The Rebels (I found this incredibly dry, but the information's there)

Kids Book of Canadian History pp 34-37

A Question of Loyalty - Barbara Greenwood

Dear Canada: A Rebel's Daughter

We read directly from Roughing it in the Bush - two sections - the fire, and the arrival at Grosse Ile.

**finding a map of Grosse Ile to accompany awareness of the immigration holdup with the cholera epidemic was a little challenging - try this one: http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...P4EKTwMvz1qa0E

Check out the Wikipedia article on the destruction of the Caroline - we incorporated this into our art project for the week, actually, painting or drawing the burning ship.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caroline_affair

This piece of information didn't get enough coverage in my print resources at home; reading the Wikipedia article was great, because we saw what fascinating ramifications the incident had in international rules for warfare and retalliatory strikes. We didn't go crazy deep into it - the kids are quite young - but it was worth noting.

Week 4:

MHTCE: p. 63 - Pacific Expansion

The West is Calling

Dear Canada: Where the River Takes Me

Week 5:

MHTCE p. 69 - Fraser River Gold Rush

Dear Canada: A Trail of Broken Dreams

Kids Book of Canada at War: pp. 28-32

Our Canadian Girl: Lisa

Picture Book: Camels Always Do (Camels used in the Fraser Gold Rush)

Week 6:

MHTCE p. 71- Confederation

Week 7:

MHTCE p. 75 - Underground Railroad

The Root Cellar

History: The Last Safe house (Barbara Greenwood)

Octagon Magic (Andre Norton - out of print)

Week 8:

Continue Underground Railroad

Underground to Canada

Elijah of Buxton

Flags of War

Week 9:

MHTCE p. 77 - Riel Rebellion

A Very Small Rebellion

Kids Book of Canada at War pp. 32-36

Dear Canada: Footsteps in the Snow

Week 10:

MHTCE - continue Riel Rebellion

Flower (Barnardo Children).

Orphan at My Door (Dear Canada book, Jean Little, about a Home Child)

Non-fiction reference: Barnardo Children in Canada.

Dear Canada: Blood Upon Our Land (1885 Riel Rebellion)

Week 11:

Alexander Graham Bell

Dear Canada: Days of Toil and Tears 1887

Week 12:

Boldly Canadian: The Story of the RCMP

Week 13:

Our Canadian Girl: Emily series

True North, by Kathryn Lasky (Underground Railroad 1858)

Week 14:

Nellie L. (read-aloud or reader)

Lamplighter

Week 15:

MHTCE p. 80

Hist: Kids Book of Canada's Railway

Dear Canada: A Ribbon of Shining Steel

Week 16:

Our Canadian Girl: Keely

History: Factory Girl

Week 17:

MHTCE, p 85 (Laurier)

Read-Aloud: Shadows of Disaster

Gold Rush Fever - Barbara Greenwood

Titanic books could be used at this time.

Week 18:

MHTCE, p 91 (Boer war)

Our Canadian Girl - Millie

Kids Book of Canada at War pp 36-39

Week 19:

MHTCE, p. 96 (WWI)

Dear Canada: Prisoners in the Promised Land

Kids Book of Canada at War pp. 40-41

Discovering Canada: The Great War (Livesey & Smith)

Week 20:

Kids Book of Canada at War pp. 42-45

At Vimy Ridge: Canada's Greatest World War I Victory (Hugh Brewster)

Week 21:

Dear Canada: Brothers Far From Home

A Poppy is to Remember

Week 22:

Read-aloud, Stormstruck

Amy's Promise

Kids Book of Canada at War, pp. 46-49

Week 23:

MHTCE p. 99 (Roaring 20s, Dirty 30s)

Dear Canada: If I Die Before I Wake

Read-Aloud - Chaos in Halifax (Halifax Explosion)

Read-Aloud - Tragic Links (Quebec Bridge Collapse)

Week 24: Dear Canada: No Safe Harbour (Halifax Explosion)

Week 25:

Dear Canada: Not a Nickel to Spare (Depression)

Read-Aloud: Blaine's Way (depression to WWII)

A Bear in War (picture book but incredible addition)

Week 26:

Our Canadian Girl - Ellen

Read-Aloud - Tangled in Time

Hurricanes over London, by Charles Reid

Week 27:

MHTCE p. 103 (WWII)

From Anna (Jean Little)

High Flight by Linda Granfield

Booky Books

Anne Frank

Week 28:

Hawk and Stretch

The Sky is Falling (Kit Pearson)

Hist: Hiding Edith

No Time to Wave Goodbye (selected readings)

Week 29:

Looking at the Moon (Kit Pearson)

Hist: Canada at War pp. 50-61

No Time to Wave Goodbye (selected readings)

Week 30:

Dear Canada: Turned Away

The Lights Go On Again (Kit Pearson)

Hist: On Juno Beach - Canada's D-Day Heroes

A Bloom of Friendship

The Guest Children (selected readings)

Week 31:

MHTCE pp 110-113

Our Canadian Girl - Izzie

Our Canadian Girl - Margit

Hist: Canada At War pp 62-63

The Story of Ruby Bridges (American, of course, but an excellent picture book. There's a tv-movie that's avail. at Blockbuster that was very well made as well).

Week 32:

MHTCE pp 115-124

Luke Baldwin's Vow

One Proud Summer (Claire McKay - 1946 strike, Montreal)

Week 33: MHTCE p. 123 (1970s)

Week 34:

Week 35: MHTCE p. 125 (1980s)

Kids Book of Canadian Firsts

Made in Canada: 101 Amazing Achievements (project - choose one and research further)

Kids Book of Great Canadian Women

Terry Fox: A Story of Hope

Week 36: MHTCE p. 127 - 1990s and Beyond

Kids Book of Canadian Immigration.

Coming to Canada (Susan Hughes)

Voyageur, by Eric Walters

Who Runs This Country, Anyway? A Guide to Canadian Government (Joanne Stanbridge)

• Like 3

joshua_2415

As of September, we'll be ready to move into Core D+E (American History). However, hubby (and I) (and the kids!) would like to take a year off from Sonlight to focus on Canada--its history, geography, art, literature, culture, people, civics, etc.

I have been slaving over a hot keyboard for several days trying to research and piece together some ideas for a Canadian curriculum, since Sonlight (sadly...) doesn't offer one. What a frustrating project.

I have appreciated the ideas presented here in this forum topic. Thanks to all who've contributed!! It has helped!

I'm glad to see I'm not alone in this search. It shows how much of a need there is for a Canadian core (please, Sarita??). I think there are plenty of ideas available in these forums to provide Sonlight with a solid base for a Canadian core.

As a way of contributing further ideas, I just found the following thread on the Internet:

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/10946-calling-all-canadians-for-info-about-geography-and-history/

There are a number of lengthy (but not exhaustive) booklists provided in the list by user "Alana in Canada".

I pray this will help someone else who's on the same maddening journey as I am with this.

-Christine (in Ottawa, Canada)

Edited by joshua_2415
  • Like 1

BTRT

Bless you! This is amazing!

afterhisheart

I took off a year from SL to do a year of Canadian History. I used Donna Ward's revised Courage and Conquest as my jumping off point, and My First History of Canada as the spine text. My First History even has questions and activities for each chapter. Donna has many resources listed for each of her lesson topics and I picked from those, adding a few books she did not list. It's really not that difficult to piece together a great year of study with this resource.

I see the potential to offer a SL style Core, but I've always wondered if it would infringe upon others' copyright, as I'm mostly just piecing together from other curriculum. The only thing missing would be comprehension questions for read-alouds and readers, and even they are sometimes already available through other sources.

After our Canadian history year we went on the Core D+E and loved it!

• Like 2

mimosa

I can't get the link for the well trained mind...nuts. Is it because I am not a member of WTM?

featherhead

I can't get the link for the well trained mind...nuts. Is it because I am not a member of WTM?

I think the WTM forum is down right now.

WinSchool

I just wanted to chime in and say thank you for all of this information everybody! I think we are going to take a year off sonlight to focus on the Canadian side then come back to do a D&E combo so they can see the other side of things. It just seems way too overwhelming to try to add more to an already rich core. Thank you for all of your curriculum and reader suggestions, this has been a lifesaver for me :)

mimosa

Bevie, did you manage to finish your Canadian Core? I am working on creating (collecting) mine by collecting all the information.

Thanks!!