Loliemama

Canadian Version of Readers D?

Loliemama

We are Canadian, and my son just finished Sonlight's Grade 4-5 Readers. We are planning on doing Candian History this year, and Sonlight's American Condensed History (Core D +E) next year. I'd like to save all the American-themed readers for next year, and I'm wondering if there are any other reading lists available that I could use for this year for my son who's at a Grade 5 reading level?

Thanks!

storybookmum

In the Canadian Forum, there are 36-week Cdn history schedules posted.

You're also more than welcome to join FamilyVillsge.ca, and look at the homeschooling information there in the "Northern Sonlight" section. If you join with the same username, I will give you permissions for the homeschool areas.

Jill

I moved your excellent question to the Canadian History Forum where you should get some helpful responses.

Loliemama

Thank you both so much!

MissKris

I am on the wrong laptop so can't publish my book list - but it might be in the stickies here already. Heather posted an awesome book list that went with The STORY OF CANADA - get Modern History Through Canadian Eyes by Heather Penner (a different Heather) - it breaks down that spine by unit - and many books are listed as junior elementary - more than you can read between the two resources. Our shelves are PACKED Lol