ilovemylife

Core B, Core C and Core D tips

ilovemylife

I was at the Canadian Museum of Civilization and thought I should mention that for Core B, the children's museum has an Egyptian pyramid with King Tutankhamen tomb as well as a chance to try spelling your name or other words in Hieroglyphics! Two years ago when I was doing Core B, they also had at the gift store for buying papyrus paper etc. So awesome!

For Core C, they currently have a Maya exhibit. (Will finish by the end of this year). It was a great chance for the kids to practice counting from the glyphs as well as learning how to interpret what they mean. They also had countless artifacts from Maya temples etc.

For Core D, when we are wanting to introduce the kids to Canadian History the Canadian Museum of Civilization, this is an absolutely fantastic place to go. It explains the history in a sequential story line. It feels like the books on the history that we read to our kids is literally coming to life!

A side note for those who cannot make it all the way to Ottawa/Gatineau, is that on the computer screen at the museum, I took note that the clips were from www.histori.ca (it is under Hertiage Mintutes). Another great resource that anyone can use.

Hope this helps someone!

Happy Homeschooling!

Laura

MissKris

The War museum just rocked too. Went there this summer on vacation. We should really all meet-up next time I get back to Ottawa.

The War museum - great for D or 7 or 100.

joshua_2415

Hey Laura,

The Canadian Museum of Civilization is one of our favourite fieldtrip destinations, too, as well as the Canadian Children's Museum contained within it. We are so blessed to live in the Ottawa area with all its museums.

I had never heard of the histori.ca site, so I checked it out last night. Such a super resource! Thanks for sharing that.

Blessings,

Christine

I was at the Canadian Museum of Civilization and thought I should mention that for Core B, the children's museum has an Egyptian pyramid with King Tutankhamen tomb as well as a chance to try spelling your name or other words in Hieroglyphics! Two years ago when I was doing Core B, they also had at the gift store for buying papyrus paper etc. So awesome!

For Core C, they currently have a Maya exhibit. (Will finish by the end of this year). It was a great chance for the kids to practice counting from the glyphs as well as learning how to interpret what they mean. They also had countless artifacts from Maya temples etc.

For Core D, when we are wanting to introduce the kids to Canadian History the Canadian Museum of Civilization, this is an absolutely fantastic place to go. It explains the history in a sequential story line. It feels like the books on the history that we read to our kids is literally coming to life!

A side note for those who cannot make it all the way to Ottawa/Gatineau, is that on the computer screen at the museum, I took note that the clips were from www.histori.ca (it is under Hertiage Mintutes). Another great resource that anyone can use.

Hope this helps someone!

Happy Homeschooling!

Laura

islander

Thanks for the tip on the website! We're down under at the moment, but I'm making sure my kids don't forget Canada.