learningtogether

Timeline for our studies

learningtogether

We are (finally) going on our trip from one side of Canada to the other this August-September! I have mapping and symbol finding for our youngers, historical sights and government for the olders. We will be learning as we go. I did SOTW 1 / Ancients to Rome with them last year. I was going to start up with SOTW 2 this year but it seems a shame to not carry on with our Canadian studies immediately after we get home. What would you all do? I am not sure and I am in the midst of refreshing things and organizing the school room and our materials for the next year. Just not sure what to do as I can see pros and cons form both sides.

arctic_bunny

No advice except le me know when you get to the prairies :)

arctic_bunny

*let*

learningtogether
:) Will do. We know we have the 7 weeks, but I am just not sure how it will pan out as far as pace and dates.

arctic_bunny

Please don't just drive through! Come to the northern part :D

learningtogether

I'd love to! :)

Halle

I'd follow up with Canadian too, your journey will be fresh in their minds. If you are not sure, then I'd at least follow up with Canadian until Christmas and then pick up SOTW 2.

learningtogether

I think I froze, but I decided to do as you all suggest and go Canadian first. After reading Merry's blog, we are going to go on to MOH 1 (select bits) and follow it up with MOH 2 (if the first one is successful). If MOH 2 isn't a success, then we'll just cary on with Core H.

Thanks all! I'll check in before we leave.

PEI Mom

Are you coming to PEI? If so, let me know and we'll do something fun together :)

learningtogether

That would be fun, Cheralyn! We hope to. It will all depend on our newest. we'll go for as long as he's happy. :)