PEI Mom

Happy Canada Day!

PEI Mom

Anyone else have plans for the holiday? I'm throwing a "Canada Day party" for my kids and a few others from our church. We're going to do Canada bingo, paint Canada flags using handprints, play hot lobster (like hot potato but with a stuffed lobster) and if the weather is nice throw around a Canada frisbee. Also having a BBQ with Canada Day cake for dessert. I'm making a bigger deal about Canada Day this year than we ever have before because I'm presently doing a unit study about Canada (from Come Sit By Me curriculum) with my 4-year-old.

featherhead

DH plans to lay some carpet in our basement, and I plan to just relax :) There are some festivities happening on Main Street, but I don't know if we will go.

hrathech

I think we'll head uptown for a bit tomorrow. There is usually a massive flea market all up King Street, but it's cancelled this year. No matter, it will likely be rainy tomorrow anyway. But there's free Canada Day cake, and I want to buy a treat at Beaver Tail's. I need to do some work here at home tomorrow, though, since the upcoming week is so full.

featherhead

Here they close down a section of Main Street. There is entertainment, and all sorts of fun for the kids. Bouncy stuff, petting zoo, etc. There is also a $5 steak supper. DH said maybe we would take the girls for a bit. Oh, and its supposed to be sunny, high of 29.

Edited by featherhead