Sign in to follow this  
storybookmum

Looks like a high school Canadian history for us....

storybookmum

I thought I'd be doing a modified Core 100 this year, but with DH now talking about a cross-Canada trip, I'm swinging over to Canadian. I'm not doing concurrent histories for high school. It was so nice to coordinate history, geography and literature with our Great Britain vacation.

I've got a timeline from the last time we did it, I've got lots of books -I just need to grab some good new older books and resources. Plenty for Meredith in Grade 7...I just need to tighten it up for Caroline in grade 10.

Should be fun - I'll add good resources if I find some. I have to decide where my focus will be. Do I want to do the whole sweep from natives on, or start later?

storybookmum

Well, Canadian travel, at any rate. Maybe in a few pieces. We'll have to see. John wants to go out west first. I'd like to hit the Maritimes - it's been DECADES, and there are a few specific places, like Quebec City, on my list. But I think they might be three or four separate trips - still possibly through one school year, though.

arctic_bunny

"Out west" sounds promising!! :D

storybookmum

If you come out towards Ottawa, let me know. Maybe we could meet-up. I know you may have tons planned but in the event that you're down our way and have time let me know :) Your trip sounds AMAZING!!!

Ottawa's home - I was born and raised there. So going to Ottawa at some point is pretty much a given. Hooking up would be fun. It's usually a fairly rushed time, because we're doing a lot of seeing family - but I do try to make time to get the kids to a museum or two while we're there so that they have some more fun time, too. I promised to get them to the Changing of the Guard next time, because we didn't have a good view at all when we were in London and I said they'd like it better in Ottawa.

"Out west" sounds promising!! :D

It does, doesn't it? We're sorting through the options. I'm starting to get enthusiastic about our coming year, and can hopefully plug some nice small trips into the plan, and maybe, if we budget carefully, another pretty-good-sized one, too.

Sign in to follow this