Dcubed

Prayer request for school opening

Dcubed

Hi all, my dd16 is at a small school for special needs, but it is not nearly challenging enough in her strengths (humanities) and too small for her social needs. We had her tested and applied to another special needs school, but there are currently no openings in her grade. Maddening, there are openings in the grades above and below hers.

She has a fairly severe math LD, ADD and various anxiety based issues, so a regular public high school is not likely to be a positive experience. Homeschooling fell apart when we moved back to the US from China. She was unable to stay on schedule and her anxieties greatly increased nearly to point of self-harm, so she can't return home, unfortunately. She needs the social and third party instructors of a school.

Please pray for an opening for the next school year. It would be hard enough to transition in as a junior next year with a group that has been together for several years, but too hard the following year with her being yet further behind where she could be at her current school.

Moxie1

Praying

Dcubed

Thank you! I really appreciate the prayers.

Countrymom9

Praying.

Jen in ME

Praying God would give her exactly what she needs and the teachers He would hand pick for her.

• Like 2

Dcubed

Praying God would give her exactly what she needs and the teachers He would hand pick for her.

Thank you for this! It's been so confusing, all of us were convicted that this was the best and things were ticking along well (testing was done quickly, there were 16 families that hadn't re-signed up, even extended family were impressed, dd liked the kids in her class and felt the teachers were much better) and then the crashing halt of no openings, all 16 families did sign up. So, it's been confusing on whether this is God's plan - or not.

poodlemom

praying

Dcubed

Thank you all! I am still hopeful that this will happen, if it is God's will. If not, I do wish it was clear before we spent $1400 in testing and fees :/. But maybe He has something planned where we use the test results for a choice we don't know about yet. The waiting is hard.