LamkinMD

Help! Looking for brain / eye reading issues thread.

LamkinMD

Years ago (6+), there was a forum thread or Sonlight article which I believe was written by John Holzmann about some reading issues their family experienced that were due to some visual or brain perception issues.  After getting special testing (not normally done by an optometrist), they were able to find some help to address the issue.

A local homeschool family is dealing with similar issues and I have been trying to search for the thread/article for them and can't find it.  Does anybody remember the article and/or provide a link?  I'm just looking for some info to help this family.

Thanks!

the geographer

Another place to start looking is covd.org  They have lots of information about vision issues. My dd had vision therapy quite a while ago and it really helped her reading.

Merry

I think John may have posted on the forums about this years ago as well--I remember reading about his experiences but don't know for sure if I visited his blog--but certainly the blog articles have all the info, very good. They encouraged us to get vision therapy for my oldest, actually. Very helpful. (Thanks, John!)

kolamum

There are self-tests on THIS website. :)

LamkinMD

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have passed on the info to the homeschooling family and they are appreciative.

Judy, those were the articles I remembered. Thanks so much for the links.

• Like 1