Merry

Undecided major--don't find your passion

Merry

I came across the "College Info Geek" and this video: Stop Trying to "Find Your Passion" while I was googling info about undecided majors. My son thought it was very helpful (as a second year student who hasn't settled on a major yet, he's feeling a lot of pressure), and he liked some of the other videos by CIG too. Thought some other students might find this helpful!

Heritage of Sons

thanks for sharing.

I am going to share this video (and site) with my son.

• Like 1

Mazurka

I don't watch many posted videos, but I watched that one. I'm going to forward it to Will this morning. Although his difficulty will be the part where you actually have to work hard and power through that tough period. Heck, he still doesn't even want to start anything that might be difficult and time-consuming. However, I like the advice about just picking something you're interested in and starting there. And Will is more likely to listen to some guy speaking on You Tube than to his mother. :-)

• Like 2

Merry

And Will is more likely to listen to some guy speaking on You Tube than to his mother. :-)

LOL, yes! It's so hard to convey how momentous this occasion was in our home. My son (who isn't very good at keeping up with emails, never responds to my emails, and never mentions emails I send in conversation) actually came out of his room to purposefully thank me for sending this, watched the video, and watched EXTRA videos...voluntarily...about his college future. Without arm-twisting or extra nudges or anything. This one doesn't talk future except under extreme duress. Total opposite of dd who is always in the future and has to be brought repeatedly back to the present, LOL!

• Like 1

Mazurka

LOL, yes! It's so hard to convey how momentous this occasion was in our home. My son (who isn't very good at keeping up with emails, never responds to my emails, and never mentions emails I send in conversation) actually came out of his room to purposefully thank me for sending this, watched the video, and watched EXTRA videos...voluntarily...about his college future. Without arm-twisting or extra nudges or anything. This one doesn't talk future except under extreme duress. Total opposite of dd who is always in the future and has to be brought repeatedly back to the present, LOL!

I hope it has a similar effect on Will. Although I'm not sure he read it yet. Come to think of it, I'm wondering if it went in his spam, because I was helping him with some other e-mail correspondence last night, and I would have pointed it out to him if I had seen it. I titled it, "Superhero Capes for Dogs," hoping to catch his attention, but that might have directed it right into the spam file. LOL. I'll have to follow up on that.

• Like 1

Sarah Tippett

My oldest son deliberated for a full two years about his major two. He was lucky enough to have taken CC classes and pretty much had his entire core out of the way. Two years of exploring and he finally decided. It takes time. I think it is unrealistic to expect most kids to know what they 'want to do' before arriving in college. Not to mention, post-college most people change their mind.

And in the big scheme of things... it doesn't really matter too much what you major in.