the geographer

FAFSA

the geographer

We managed to get the FAFSA filed for both girls this week. I tell you what, it was so much easier when it opened in January. It's really hard to fill out over the phone. Plus your student has to "sign" it and a parent has to "sign" it. This consists of an email and password...that you're not supposed to share...how do you do that when you're 600 miles apart?

Anyway, we got it done. Just hope Little Sis gets lots of financial aid so she can go to the school she really wants. We'll see what happens.

Edited by the geographer

Bendxap

I saw that it can be done in October now instead of waiting for January but I was in a three week course and now my brain is mush. Not a good time to be doing FAFSA! But hopefully we can do it soon; it would be nice to enjoy having the boys home for Christmas without that hanging over our heads. 

Only ONE MORE TIME! (I hope. Younger has mentioned doing a double major which would involve one more semester. <sigh>)

We've always been apart when we do the FAFSA. Well, maybe the very first time when Older was a high school senior. 

As I remember, you each have your own password and can open it and sign it individually. Or no? Like I said, my brain is currently mush. 

Good for you, getting it done already!

the geographer

Hmm, not sure. I was sitting beside Little Sis and just took her laptop. I told Big Sis my info over the phone. Not sure why it really matters anyway. But it's done.

Merry

I can see how that would be difficult. I really like the change though--it's so nice not to have to come up with estimates for all the numbers in January and then file again when taxes finally go through!

Blessed by His grace

My husband and dd finished the FAFSA. We were able to put together a nice comprehensive record showcasing my dd's unique life experiences. We are hoping and praying for lots of financial aid. Dd is finishing up her last few college apps. Reading through a helpful TCK book with dd that helps prepare TCKs for university transition and life in their passport country. May the Lord bless all the seniors and their plans.

• Like 1

TinkerKell

We're hoping to fill this out tomorrow, and I don't remember the issue but last year it wasn't an easy thing for us to do. I think it was a mistake on our part with the form. I hope it goes smoothly this year! Dd gets a $500 scholarship each semester for being in the Honor Society, and we're hoping for more scholarships.

daveswife

We're hoping to fill this out tomorrow, and I don't remember the issue but last year it wasn't an easy thing for us to do. I think it was a mistake on our part with the form. I hope it goes smoothly this year! Dd gets a $500 scholarship each semester for being in the Honor Society, and we're hoping for more scholarships.

It was so much easier this time around!

texasmomtothree

This was our first time doing the FAFSA and it was much easier than I anticipated! I am so glad they switched to using previous years W-2's because we are always filing taxes at the last minute and I was dreading trying to get my husband to get them done early this year.