Sign in to follow this  
Momof4JackAttacks

My Son just got his acceptance letter!!!

Momof4JackAttacks

My son, 19, just got his acceptance letter from Moody Bible Institute for the fall. He will be studying linguistics and wants to be a missionary with Wycliff Bible Translators. We are so excited. Its where his dad, my dh, went to college.

• Like 6

Lady Marmalade

Wow! That's wonderful!  Congratulations to him!  That's exciting.  Is there a particular area of the world he's been thinking of, or is he still waiting on that?

• Like 1

Heritage of Sons

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

mamatoseven

That's awesome!! Congrats!

• Like 1

treegardner

Congratulations!

• Like 1

Sandwich in Wi

Congrats!!!  I didn't realize he was interested in linguistics and Moody!

My dd was accepted to MBI to study linguistics for the fall, and after sending in her deposit, changed her mind and withdrew.  She'll be going to a two-year UW school now and then transferring to UW-Madison.  I'm a little sad, but proud of her for weighing all her options.

Was your son on a gap year?  My dd will be 19 this fall, too, when she begins college. 

Blessings, Sandwich

• Like 1

Momof4JackAttacks
On 4/17/2017 at 8:55 AM, Lady Marmalade said:

Wow! That's wonderful!  Congratulations to him!  That's exciting.  Is there a particular area of the world he's been thinking of, or is he still waiting on that?

No, not yet. He loves languages, but not sure where he is most interested.

Momof4JackAttacks
17 hours ago, Sandwich in Wi said:

Congrats!!!  I didn't realize he was interested in linguistics and Moody!

My dd was accepted to MBI to study linguistics for the fall, and after sending in her deposit, changed her mind and withdrew.  She'll be going to a two-year UW school now and then transferring to UW-Madison.  I'm a little sad, but proud of her for weighing all her options.

Was your son on a gap year?  My dd will be 19 this fall, too, when she begins college. 

Blessings, Sandwich

Yes, he was on a gap year, saving money.  Moody was his first choice although he dragged his feet applying and made it before the March 1 deadline.  He also was accepted to Cornerstone Univ. in Grand Rapids, MI, but Cornerstone is much more expensive and Moody was his first choice.

I went to UW-Madison for my nursing degree.  My husband grew up near Madison too.

Sandwich in Wi
22 hours ago, Momof4JackAttacks said:

Yes, he was on a gap year, saving money.  Moody was his first choice although he dragged his feet applying and made it before the March 1 deadline.  He also was accepted to Cornerstone Univ. in Grand Rapids, MI, but Cornerstone is much more expensive and Moody was his first choice.

I went to UW-Madison for my nursing degree.  My husband grew up near Madison too.

We actually have no UW alums among us!  We've lived down here for more than 25 years, though.

Momof4JackAttacks
On 4/19/2017 at 10:15 AM, Sandwich in Wi said:

We actually have no UW alums among us!  We've lived down here for more than 25 years, though.

What part of WI do you live in? I grew up near Milwaukee.

Sign in to follow this