ttemple

How to integrate Canadian History Highschool

ttemple

Hi everyone, I am wondering how or what program you use to make sure at the highschool level our Canadian children get their Canadian History and Geography Credits?

Thank you

mimosa

Okay, I think I answered some of what we're doing.

I haven't been on the forums, because everyone is so sluggish this year. And this forum is ridiculously quiet.

Anyway...

There's this program called Canada in the 20th Century and includes all sorts of stuff, like the Counterpoints textbook. It is mostly for 11-12th grade, and is rigorous from what I was told by someone at the Donna Ward booth at AHEA this year. I knew that it would not work for Reuben. Anyway...there it is. Have you heard of it?

ToL has a Canadian and World Geography course, which might work out for you. Or the Making Connections text that donnaward.net sells.

https://www.donnaward.net/high-school-history-living-resources-bundle-523/523/shop.php

Just a few ideas...even for me.

Now, if you go back through the posts...there are some people who have made a SL version of Canadian history.

One of the resources I have is Modern History Through Canadian Eyes...but you're doing the work yourself. The author does a bit of planning by the unit for you. Just not the daily planning.

ME