scrapbookbuzz

Lumerit's "FREE" Dave Ramsey Course

scrapbookbuzz

So, as often happens, I received an email from Lumerit (an online college). This one said "FREE Dave Ramsey Financial Course" and talked about how it could count as dual enrollment.

This time I took the bait and sent some info. Just now got off the phone talking with the rep who called and I'm shaking my head. She was obviously young, new, and eager to make the sale but good heavens, take a breath already, chica! And I told her that, too: "Take a breath. Take a breath. Take a breath!"

Anyway, it turns out it was only free if you also enrolled in about four other courses. If you didn't want to do that, it's $600! And as she tried to talk me into gen ed courses for my daughter she told me the price per credit hour was $110-150 depending on the class. And she kept trying to convince me it was cheaper than community college. Yeah, no, don't think so. The community college nearest me is about $84/credit hour regardless of the course. 

I hope that call was recorded for training purposes and that her supervisor teaches her how to actually breathe! B-)

• Like 1

Robin E.

So much for free. And just fyi, locally college classes for students 17 and under are $25 per credit hour and are $84 for adults. Soooo, yeah, definitely not worth it.