Sign in to follow this  
Gilead

At least I'm not paying student fees....

Gilead

But I'll be at the CC three times today -- once to drop off the 21yo with the stitches in her foot, once to pick up the 15yo and her buddy from class (at least we carpool), and once again at 7 pm to pickup the 21yo who will probably really be hurting by then.

And why does she not drive herself....well, there was a pit bull on Saturday, she has 5 stitches on each side of her foot and huge bruising. Praying she heals quickly. Yes, this is the same kid who flipped her car and totaled it a couple of weeks ago.

I really am in the chauffeur stage of life!!

• Sad 1

SewWhat?
2 hours ago, Gilead said:

But I'll be at the CC three times today -- once to drop off the 21yo with the stitches in her foot, once to pick up the 15yo and her buddy from class (at least we carpool), and once again at 7 pm to pickup the 21yo who will probably really be hurting by then.

And why does she not drive herself....well, there was a pit bull on Saturday, she has 5 stitches on each side of her foot and huge bruising. Praying she heals quickly. Yes, this is the same kid who flipped her car and totaled it a couple of weeks ago.

Oh my! Hope it heals quickly!!

kolamum

Oh I'm so sorry she's hurting, I have to be honest though.. I kinda chuckled that she waked unscathed from the car situation, but ended up with stitches from a dog. OTO, dog bites are not lightweight injuries, hope she heals completely!!

Mazurka
21 hours ago, Gilead said:

Oh my!  That's a lot of driving.  And your poor dd.  I hope something is done about that dog.

I don't like this chauffeuring stage, either.  It's really messing with my ability to get anything done.  And my DH even helps out.  In a couple of weeks we're going to have to add martial arts back in for Ben, and I just don't know how we're going to manage. Martial arts is an hour round trip of driving.  My boys used to take a private lesson together once a week, and do a group class afterwards, while I would go grocery shopping in the big city.  However, Will is stopping martial arts, and now it is just Ben, so the private lesson that used to be shared is no longer a good financial option, and there are not two classes in a row that Ben can take to give me a reasonable time to run errands while he participates.  We're going to have to do some serious thinking to figure this out.

Gilead

New routines are a challenge in the new school year, that's for sure. We have more activities starting up in Sept., including the co-op and class I teach there. The high school day is expanding to 3 classes, which means I'll need to pack us lunches and I am not sure what else. DD already feels her plate is full, but she may have to give up naps.

I feel really bad about the dog -- belongs to good friends, and it's his 2nd offense so I think they will have to put him down. Sigh.

• Like 1

Mazurka
1 hour ago, Gilead said:

I feel really bad about the dog -- belongs to good friends, and it's his 2nd offense so I think they will have to put him down. Sigh.

Yes, this is hard.  At least your friends realize that there is a problem, and you won't have to go to court.

Sign in to follow this