Carol at home

Science is just not working

Carol at home

I've tried using Science E with my son.  It is way over his comprehension level.  Do y'all know of any simple science curriculums for kiddos with special needs?  Thanks!

doxa

Mother of Divine Grace School (distance based education) has bought the rights to a very old (but effective!) science series called "Concepts and Challenges in Sciences".  They have simply reprinted them with a spiral binding.  They're nothing flashy, but simple and straightforward.  Each lesson is just two pages with comprehension questions.  There is a Level A, Level B, and Level 6 (middle school level I think).   If you look them up online and search for their bookstore, you can order them there.  The information was accurate and well presented, but beautifully succint.  I really enjoyed the series. 

Derf

Apologia elementary science books are very understandable.....  they have review questions ect that you can do orally and discuss the material...and no test...and the experiements are very simple and hands on but work very well to back up what is presented. You could read it to your student and do the review questions orally and experiments together.  Marne

• Like 1

LindaS

Could you do an earlier level of Sonlight science?