the geographer

It's getting real

the geographer

I can't believe how fast the last three plus years have flown. Big Sis texted us while we were on vacation with a question for her "intent to graduate" form. ACK! I was talking to her today and they have preregistration for classes week after next I think she said. Last time for her. She's got a 10 minute window with her advisor between classes (her prof finishes up and Big Sis has a class 10 min later) which should be more than enough time since she's only taking one class next semester plus her honor's thesis. Easy peasy. I think her advisor enjoys meeting with her anyway since she's always organized, knows what she wants/needs so it's always an easy meeting. So college graduation is just around the corner!

• Like 4

Stringybark Sarah

Yep. My boy has three weeks left of his three year Bachelor degree. He’s going on to do his Masters though, so another 18 months. But to have that first degree ticked off - wow. I can’t think of too many homeschoolers HERE who have done that (all his friends did trades).

• Like 2

SewWhat?

YAY!!

Mazurka

That's so exciting!  I can't believe how fast the time has gone by, either.

Blessed by His grace

Amazing! Does she know what she’ll do after graduation?

the geographer
7 hours ago, Blessed by His grace said:

Amazing! Does she know what she’ll do after graduation?

Sort of. The big decision she needs to make is whether to pursue snowboarding or not, and right now that's totally up in the air. I think it depends on how this season goes and whether she gets an internship she wants in the spring and how that goes. If she decides to move on from snowboarding she's got two job offers, one at the summer camp she's worked at since high school and the other at the mountain where she started snowboarding. If the internship comes through in the spring, she may end up working there for a while, at least I hope so since it's directly related to what she wants to do.

• Like 2

camelschool
On 10/3/2018 at 5:27 PM, the geographer said:

Sort of. The big decision she needs to make is whether to pursue snowboarding or not, and right now that's totally up in the air.

Snowboarding does tend to be that way:-)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

the geographer
1 hour ago, camelschool said:

Snowboarding does tend to be that way:-)

Actually not for her, she's a racer. She needs to decide if she wants to try to make the US team (she probably could with a good coach) or move on. 

camelschool

Oh, i was thinking more the half-pipe sort of snowboarding;-) Blessings on that decision. It is a big one.

the geographer
2 hours ago, camelschool said:

Oh, i was thinking more the half-pipe sort of snowboarding;-) Blessings on that decision. It is a big one.

Ha! Nope. I pulled the mom card on that. When she was first thinking about snowboarding I told her no half pipe. Of course I was helped by the fact that there isn't one anywhere close to us. 

Yes, big decision and I have no idea which way she's going to go. 

Mazurka
On 10/6/2018 at 8:59 AM, the geographer said:

Ha! Nope. I pulled the mom card on that. When she was first thinking about snowboarding I told her no half pipe. Of course I was helped by the fact that there isn't one anywhere close to us. 

Yes, big decision and I have no idea which way she's going to go. 

I can't wait to hear what she decides.