Please scroll down and click I Accept
Last modified June 20, 2011
Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd. is excited to offer these forums so that, together, the entire Sonlight community may interact and mutually encourage one another in our homeschooling journeys. We created these forums to help us share with each other about our challenging, demanding, delightful, confusing . . . and fun experiences . . . as we learn at home together.
In accordance with Sonlight Curriculum's vision to empower parents to nurture enthusiastic, life-long learners who are motivated and equipped to follow Christ wherever He leads and in whatever He calls them to do (Mt. 6:33),
1. You agree that what and how you share on these forums will be with the intent to edify, encourage, and enjoy the fellowship of your fellow homeschoolers.
2. You agree that you are not joining the Sonlight Curriculum Forums for the purpose of selling or promoting any product, service or business.
3. You grant Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd. implicit permission to use your posts or quote your posts in our catalog, on our web site, in promotions, in instructor's guides, or elsewhere for the benefit of our customers and prospective customers.
4. While you need not claim nor espouse either a particular or broad Christian worldview, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are disrespectful to or that demean other forum participants. You also warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, hateful, titillating, lascivious, laced with sexual innuendo, or otherwise violative of any laws.
5. Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd. reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
Before you jump in, may we make very clear what you may not realize . . . or remind you of things you may otherwise forget.
1. By participating in these forums, you grant Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd. implicit permission to use your post in our catalog, on our web site, in promotions, in instructor's guides, or elsewhere for the benefit of our customers and prospective customers. When we do so, attributions may include at most your forum username or a first name and last initial only.
2. If you do not want us to use your posts or quotations (or attribute your input to your first name and last name initial), please inform us by emailing us your request or by sending your request in writing to
8042 South Grant Way
Littleton, CO 80122-2705.
3. Your forum account/password is yours alone. Your spouse must have his or her own, unique username. As a user with full forum access, you are entitled to a second, free account, just for the asking.
About basic, effective communication:
1. Not everyone who frequents these forums shares your same background or ideology. Therefore, please keep that in mind as you seek not to post any messages that are disrespectful to or that demean other forum participants.
2. You will avoid many fruitless arguments and hurt feelings (both your own as well as others') if you speak to the subject matter under discussion - the specific content - rather than comment about the person who posts or the character of the person posting. Nice way to summarize: Post about subject-matter, not persons.
3. If you donâ€™t want the entire world to see what you have to say, please donâ€™t post. We are not always able or willing to remove a thread/post because you later regret writing it.
4. You may talk about products, services, or companies within the body of a post. However, you must be sure that your comments are direct testimony and not libelous (with special emphasis on the matters of malice and truthfulness).
5. You may certainly speakâ€”indeed, Sonlight encourages you to speakâ€”about Sonlight Curriculum, the company, its products and services . . . and about competitive companies and their products and services. We ask that you extend Sonlight one courtesy: Please do not use our forums to promote the sale by others of products that Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd. itself sells.
6. You may answer direct questions about any products, services or businesses you desire, however, please donâ€™t use a general query as a vehicle to promote a product or serviceâ€”especially not a product or service in which you have a personal financial interest!
7. You may include links to your business web site in your signature line, but such links may not be included as advertisements within the content of a thread or post.
8. Please refrain from posting copyrighted material, unless you own the copyright or have consent from the owner.
9. We will seek to remove any spam or solicitations.
10. Sonlight Curriculum, Ltd. reserves the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.
If you have any questions about our guidelines, please don't hesitate to contact us.