C.J. Hart

Donna Ward?

C.J. Hart

I'm wondering if anyone has done Donna Ward's package that goes with "Canada, my Country"  https://www.donnaward.net/social-studies-all-inclusive-bundle/192/shop.php

I'm thinking about doing it between Core A and Core B, but it looks like it's only 30 min a week for the whole year? Or 2 months if we do it 4 times a week. I couldn't figure out if they meant the workbook took that long or also the rest of the package.

Anyways, my questions were going to be - How long did it take for you to finish? Would it be better to do it on our 5th day while doing 4 days of Sonlight? How did you like it?

featherhead
I'm wondering if anyone has done Donna Ward's package that goes with "Canada, my Country"  https://www.donnaward.net/social-studies-all-inclusive-bundle/192/shop.php
I'm thinking about doing it between Core A and Core B, but it looks like it's only 30 min a week for the whole year? Or 2 months if we do it 4 times a week. I couldn't figure out if they meant the workbook took that long or also the rest of the package.
Anyways, my questions were going to be - How long did it take for you to finish? Would it be better to do it on our 5th day while doing 4 days of Sonlight? How did you like it?
Canada My Country is super light, even if you get the whole package. I think doing it on day 5 would work well.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

C.J. Hart
On 03/10/2017 at 8:47 AM, featherhead said:

Canada My Country is super light, even if you get the whole package. I think doing it on day 5 would work well.

Sent from my HUAWEI KII-L05 using Tapatalk

Thanks! Good to know.

mimosa

Yup! I agree! I'm doing it in 3 weeks, 3-4 days a week...but I'm speeding it through it on purpose with older children.

ME

Kel & the kids

I've done all kinds of Donna Ward materials and I feel like they definitely need a little interest added to them, but they are a good spine to build off and we have really enjoyed them. I think I did Canada My Country alongside our first Core. It was a nice intro to Canada. 

BUT! I just got an email today from her showcasing some new packages she's offering by a different author that look interesting!  It think the grade 6 one is called "Global Government" and uses her Africa book. If I had younger kids I think I would really  check these out!